About the Lone Star Chapter
The Central Texas Chapter of the Alliance of Hazardous Material Professionals, also known as the Lone Star Chapter – was established in 2009. Since that time we have grown steadily in membership and hope to continue to do so for years to come. Our membership is comprised of a wide cross-section of industries, academic institutions, and public sector professionals. We are pleased to offer opportunities for all levels of knowledge and welcome new members throughout the year.
- Environmental Health and Safety
- Regulatory Compliance and Policy
- Science and Technology
- Hazardous Materials Handling, Emergency Response and Remediation
- Strategic Environmental Management
- Professional recognition for CHMMs, CHMPs and other Members.
- Providing, promoting, and encouraging continuing education to achieve and maintain certification and to document Chapter-recognized related training.
- Providing a forum for information exchange among peers to promote qualified environmental decision making.
- Broadening the understanding and scope of CHMMs, CHMPs, and other Members to ensure prudence in hazardous materials’ management, in
- the interest of protecting human health and the environment.
- Increasing knowledge and experience related to new technologies, government regulations and community awareness relating to hazardous materials’ management.
The Alliance of Hazardous Materials Professionals™ (AHMP), formerly the Academy of Certified Hazardous Materials Managers, Inc. (ACHMM) is a professional association with a membership of more than 3,000 of the nation’s leading experts in environmental, health, safety and security management. AHMP is the only national organization devoted to the professional advancement of the hazardous materials management field.
Our members are distributed across 52 chapters in 37 states plus the District of Columbia. In 2006, AHMP established its first international chapter in Bangalore, India.
AHMP is headquartered at the Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology (FASEB) campus in Bethesda, Md., just outside Washington D.C.
AHMP envisions a world where the natural environment is unburdened by pollution; workers are exposed only to healthy and safe conditions; and hazardous materials are used and transported safely and efficiently. As it has for more than two decades, AHMP works to advance the field of hazardous materials management to make its vision a reality. Its core purpose is to foster a community of professionals and to jointly advocate for the public recognition of the value of the Certified Hazardous Material Manager® (CHMM®) credential and other EHS&S credentials, the standards they represent and the professionals who uphold them.
We support the professionals who properly manage substances that are harmful to human health and the environment, thereby making our world a safer and healthier place to live and work.
To be the recognized global leader and resource for hazardous materials professionals.
To provide opportunities to gain and share knowledge about hazardous materials management, create gathering places (communities) and a voice for professionals with common interests in hazardous materials management and provide management support for smaller communities of hazardous materials professionals.
For more information, please visit: https://www.ahmpnet.org/
We typically meet the first Friday of the month, for more information on expected meeting content we invite you to review the meeting schedule. Unless otherwise noted, meetings and technical sessions are held at:
POWER Engineers (same location as Zephyr Environmental; which, is now POWER Engineers)
2600 Via Fortuna
Terrace Building One – Suite 450B
Austin, TX 78746.
We invite you to spread the word about us and let us know if you have questions or want more information on how to get involved.
Already member and want to get more out of your membership? We strongly encourage you to consider joining a committee or becoming an officer. For more information, please visit our Committees or Officer & Board of Directors pages.