The job openings below are posted as a courtesy to our members. We will keep them up for 30 days unless otherwise noted. Posting on this board does not imply any endorsement of the company (or respective it’s beliefs, statements, or values), any brand, or specific product.
Looking to add a Job posting? Please email us a brief description, closing date, and hyperlink to the job opening’s details or application process (if applicable) to Info@LoneStarAHMP.org
(Job Board Updated May 18, 2017 10:45 CST)
Texas Christian University – Hazardous Materials Safety Manager (Ft. Worth, TX)
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary: Commensurate with experience and education
Job Summary: The Hazardous Materials Safety Manager is responsible for maintaining safe, healthy, and professional work environment for the TCU Community by identifying and anticipating chemical and other hazardous waste concerns and hazards; developing and enforcing University wide safety systems, policies, and procedures and managing third party vendors.
Duties and Essential Job Functions:
Identifies and anticipates safety and health concerns and hazards by inspecting laboratories, chemical storage areas and other environments; rendering opinions on procedures; recommending improvements to operations. Identifies potential problems with safety of stockroom and/or storage procedures and notifies faculty. Guides and promotes safe work environments by developing chemical and laboratory safety systems, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the Laboratory Safety Committee; safety campaigns and communications; training staff. Manages and supervises full-time staff to ensure completion of tasks and attainment of goals and evaluating performance.
Provides formal instruction on chemical safety practices and waste disposal procedures to student (graduate and undergraduate) researchers, laboratory teaching assistants and other University personnel where applicable. Works with Purchasing Analyst to track inventory of chemicals and future hazardous waste to ensure proper storage, tracking, consumption and movement of waste throughout the University. Complies with federal, state, and local safety regulations by interpreting standards; enforcing adherence to regulations, advising management on needed actions, maintaining the Material Safety Data Sheets and Safety Information Signs.
Maintains external licenses and registrations by overseeing the daily implementation of the radiation protection program (RPP) to meet the criteria set forth by the Texas Department of Health. Monitors Radioactive Material by overseeing the safe handling and use of all Radioactive Material, including the safety training for all faculty, staff, and students who work with Radioactive Material; conducting periodic compliance audits in laboratories and other work areas utilizing Radioactive Materials, and monitoring worker radiation exposure to ensure that dose rates are as low as reasonably achievable (ALARA). Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or closely related field.
- 2 plus years handling chemical substances, including implementing safety compliance.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- MS or PhD in Chemistry
- Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM)
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH)
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
- Completion of OSHA Hazardous Materials and/or Hazardous Waste Management Course
- Valid Texas driver’s license.
Must be insurable under the University Motor Vehicle Requirements.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of laboratory safety regulations.
- Knowledge of chemicals and laboratory supplies.
- Knowledge of record keeping techniques.
- Knowledge of customer service techniques.
- Knowledge of and experience in identifying, handling and disposal of chemical reagents and waste including reactives (air/water sensitive) and those that decompose to form reactives.
- Skill in navigation of Microsoft Windows.
- Skill in some or all components of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to communicate information.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
Physical Requirements (With or Without Accommodations):
- Visual acuity to read information from computer screens, forms and other printed materials and information.
- Able to speak (enunciate) clearly in conversation and general communication.
- Hearing ability for verbal communication/conversation/responses via telephone, telephone systems, and face-to-face interactions.
- Manual dexterity for typing, writing, standing and reaching, flexibility, body movement for bending, crouching, walking, kneeling and prolonged sitting.
- Lifting and moving objects and equipment up to 10 lbs.
- Work is indoors and sedentary and is subject to schedule changes and/or variable work hours.
- There are no harmful environmental conditions present for this job.
- The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate.
As an AA/EEO employer, TCU recruits, hires, and promotes qualified persons in all job classifications without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, covered veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Spirit Environmental – Project Scientist (Austin, TX & Houston, TX)
Where: Austin, Texas – The Capital City where you will become an “Austinite” and be seated in the 11th most populated city in the country, and Houston, Texas – Clutch City, The Bayou City, and the 4th most populated city in the country.
This position requires:
- B.S. or above in chemical, civil, or environmental engineering, environmental science, or a related scientific discipline.
- A high level of professional ethics.
- Social skills and professionalism necessary to establish and maintain long-term working relationships with clients and co-workers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Limited travel.
Spirit offers competitive salaries and outstanding full-time employee benefits. Noteworthy benefits include opportunities for semi-annual bonuses; automatic company contributions to employee 401(k) accounts; and 100% payment of all employee medical, dental, and vision insurance premiums, as well as 50% payment of dependent premiums. Our PTO policy is outstanding and we provide all employees with the opportunity to participate in our cellphone plan. We have three volunteer programs including; Wellness, Humanitarian, and Sustainability. These benefits are just the beginning.
If this opportunity stirs excitement within and our Core Values resonate with you, then take the forward leap and apply! We are always excited to grow our remarkable team! Please email our Marketing and Recruiting Specialist, Lacey Prizler at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 281‑664‑2809.
Stealth Products, LLC – Environmental Hazard and Safety Manager (Burnet, TX)
To manage a comprehensive safety, health and environmental program to ensure Pride Mobility and its employees adhere to all safety, health and environmental policies and regulations
- Document and communicate objectives, conduct safety related performance appraisals of all departments, and address individual or group safety issues appropriately
- Develop, write and maintain all policies pertaining to health, safety and the environment
- Manage effectively all workers compensation cases to ensure proper treatment of the injured worker and to minimize medical costs
- Ensure that all Pride facilities are in compliance with all Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (PADEP) and Department Of Transportation (DOT) regulations
- Coordinate and manage all contact with external agencies (OSHA, EPA, PADEP, DOT) and contact person with local regulatory agencies
- Train and certify all power-truck operators
- Maintain active coordination with insurance carrier and energy programs
- Oversee drug testing for all employees subject to random testing based on position
- Manage emergency responses to medical incidents and ones that may require facility evacuation
- Manage Pride Safety Committee and hold regular meetings and audits
- Ensure all safety and security rules are strictly observed and any accidents, incidents or injuries are promptly reported to management
- Attend the Annual C-TPAT Security Training
- Develop goals and objectives, and measure outcomes to ensure goals are met
- Develop a “Strong 2nd” for your area of responsibility
- Work effectively with all Pride departments to exceed internal and external workplace safety expectations
- Focus on continuous improvement and consistently demonstrate good business judgment
- Assign, train, and develop staff based on experience, goals and safety standards
- Pride retains the discretion to modify duties and/or assign other duties as necessary
- Must be a team player, professional, detail-oriented, and honest
- Must Have The Ability To Multi-task, problem-solve, and prioritize in a fast-paced working environment
- Guide, direct, and motivate staff
- Lift 50 lbs
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent comprehension of regulations pertaining to OSHA, EPA, DOT, State and Local government
- Required Experience
- At least 3 years of experience in Safety dealing with OSHA, DOT, EPA, State and Local government
- At least 3 years of experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Intermediate experience dealing with emergency response relating to medical, fire and chemical that may require facility evacuation or temporary shutdown of a facility preferred
- High School Diploma or GED
- Medical Certification (EMT or First Responder)
- Degree in Safety or Environmental Engineering preferred